|The foundation you choose for
your wedding gown is a VERY IMPORTANT decision! You want to select
the garment soon after you obtain your wedding gown. or before,
if you are having a custom gown made. Both the garment itself and
the way you put it on are important. Keep in mind the following
The garment itself:
1. Is it comfortable? The boning in these garments can be very
uncomfortable. Make sure you can stand the pain for the duration
of your wedding celebration.
2. Does it show through your gown? You don’t want to see the
boning or lace as bumps once you put your dress on. The trick
is to find a garment which “holds you up and in” without showing
to the outside.
The way you get into your garment:
1. The goal in wearing the garment is to wear it consistently.
This will help with your fittings and ensure that you get the
look you want.
2. Start from the top of the garment. Put the bottom of the
bra directly under your breasts. Lean forward and hook the first
couple of hooks.
3. Push yourself into the bra by lifting the skin under each
arm and lift yourself into the bra. You are trying to eliminate
any bulges over the top of your bra. Do this step only with the
first two or three hooks fastened.
4. Stand up straight and have the rest of the hooks fastened.
If the garment is very tight it is easier to fasten the next hook
about halfway down the back, then the last hook. That will make
the other hooks easier to fasten.
5. After all the hooks are fastened, lift up at the center front
of the bra. This will tend to straighten out any boning so that
you aren’t being stabbed. Hold on to the center part of the bra
with your left hand and the right side of the bra (under your
arm) with your right hand and pull sideways so that all of you
is in the bra. Do the same thing with the left side (i.e., using
your right hand for the center and your left hand for the left
6. Check to ensure that the bra is in the correct position,
and that you have minimized any lumps or bulges happening at the
top of the bra.
And that’s all there is to it!
Remember...after your first glass of champagne you won’t feel